Our National Headquarters Provides***
- Assistance in setting up a new chapter: bylaws, how to publicize the chapter, holding an organizational meeting and conducting the first golf outing.
- On-going assistance and consulting on operating a local chapter.
- Toll free number (1-888-GOLFMATE) for chapter leaders on conducting various areas of chapter management. Toll free fax is also available at 1-888-GOLFAX5.
- Updates online of new member / new inquiry activity available on-demand
- Application Forms, Sign-In and Sign-Up forms, and other management forms
- Inter-Chapter Play (subject to nearby chapter)
- Signage for local promotion of membership (provided in each new member kit), banner for golf event publicity, etc.
- Trade show support: booth loaner, display stands, etc.
- Local chapter website at (yourchapter.singlesgolf.com)
- Banner to advertise your chapter while playing golf (www.singlesgolf.com/banner)
||To Individual Members: |
- A steady stream of single people to meet and enjoy through regular golf play and social interaction. This is the primary benefit to the member.
Monthly Newsletter* - (includes your chapter's local and national news)
- New Chapter Roster for each member (mailed with newsletter* each month and posted online)
Membership Kit**, including the following:
ASGA Bag Tag
14 Lost Golf Club Labels
Additional benefits arranged either by chapters individually or jointly by chapter and ASGA as well as a multitude of multi-chapter events. Benefits are not necessarily the same for each chapter and are subject to change from time to time.
* Requires submission of info to national organization by local chapter each month. Newsletter is in electronic form if you provide an e-mail address to ASGA.
** Only new members receive the membership kit. Renewal members are given an opportunity to request a new bagtag and lost club labels each year on their anniversary date.
A national organization provides stability and consistency for local chapters. Each chapter should have a change in leadership from year-to-year, and ASGA will assist the new leadership in providing a high level of service and organization to its membership.
National dues are transferable in case a member moves to a different city.
Benefits are subject to change. It is our desire to continue to provide appropriate benefits and we invite member input.
*** What we provide to chapters and members are more specifically detailed throughout our website: www.SinglesGolf.com. ASGA does not make any assurances in terms of you finding the love of your life or ways to improve your golf game. If you have a questions about what you receive as a member in more detail, please write to ASGANational@aol.com. Thank you!